- The Mentee is a member of SRUK looking for guidance on different aspects of developing their career: from how to progress in academia to exploring other alternatives in the British or/and Spanish research systems.
- Any regular or associate SRUK members can be a mentee in this programme. Friends of SRUK may not participate in the Programme as mentees, except in certain circumstances (see FAQs). Mentees can also be mentors in the SRUK Mentoring Programme.
- Mentees will have only one mentor. In exceptional circumstances, more than one mentor could be assigned (i.e. when mentors with additional expertise would greatly benefit the mentee’s development).
- Mentees are responsible for contacting the mentor and make all the necessary arrangements prior to each meeting. Mentees should play a pro-active role in the mentoring relationship.
- Mentees are expected to meet with their mentees every 2 months.
- Support for career guidance, progression and decision making
- Impartial advice and encouragement
- Help with a research fellowship or job application
- Having set goals for professional development and establish a sense of direction
- Broadening the CV
- Become more empowered to make decisions
- Advice on work and life balance
- Assist with problem solving
- Support with a difficult relationship or situation
- Better balance of research and career projects
- Improves self confidence
- Encourage reflection on practice