SRUK MENTORING PROGRAMME
CALL FOR THE NEW SRUK MENTORING EDITION!!!
Success in building a research career does not exclusively depend on having a good career track record. Along your career-building path, it is necessary to acquire additional skills and expertise to wisely plan your next steps, to get to know other experts in and out your field, and to learn how to manage and/or collaborate with students, colleagues, and collaborators. This may seem difficult when you have just arrived in a new country or when you do not know enough about the available resources or the next steps in your career. In addition, at some stage, most researchers face the dilemma of whether to follow the “traditional” path in academia or to venture into the private sector or new research-related alternatives.
SRUK is aware of the issues that most Spanish researchers will face when developing their research careers in the United Kingdom. Therefore, we have designed this scheme to help and support them to maximize their opportunities and plan a successful career path.
The SRUK Mentoring Programme benefits from the diverse range of members’ skills and fields of expertise, as well as from their previous working experience in the British, Spanish, and other international systems.
For any information contact us at [email protected]
Objectives of the Programme
- Facilitate matchings
- Facilitate professional development
- Support and reward outstanding performance
- Development of professional relationships
- Cultivate individual career plans
- Improve leadership bench strength
- Provide peer support by sharing knowledge and experience
In this Programme, a mentor and a mentee are matched together according to their research area and expertise, as well as development needs and career ambitions of the mentee.
- Are you a member of SRUK?
- Are you willing to share skills, knowledge, and expertise?
- Do you have time to help others with their careers?
- You can be a MENTOR
- Are you a member of SRUK?
- Are you willing to boost your skills, knowledge, and expertise?
- Do you want to move to your next Professional Challenge?
- You can be a MENTEE
- The mentee is responsible for the arrangement of meetings
- The roles of the mentor and the mentee should be agreed in advance
- The mentor should not act on behalf of the mentee
- Mentors and mentees should understand that sometimes there might be busier periods when it is difficult to respond to the duties of the programme
- Any matters discussed need to be treated as confidential
- Mentors and mentees will be asked to review their relationship 2 months into the programme. Evaluation forms will then be completed at 6 and 12 months into the programme
- At any time, mentors or mentees can contact the SRUK/CERU Mentoring Committee (by email [email protected])