- Organise facilities according with the number of families interested and their requirements whenever possible
- Make available a room for families with basic facilities: chair and/or sofa, microwave, water, baby changer, toys, books, room for pushchairs
- When the number of children is big enough: discuss the possibility to hire someone to take care / entertain the children. Contact the Wo/Men Equity Committee to discuss available funding
Event advertisement and information provided:
- Advertise the event as family-friendly as soon as possible to encourage attendees with families to attend.
- During registration, ask attendees if they would like to bring children to the event. Include it in the eventbrite form if there is one. If the event is small, ask via email
- Ask interested families if they have any special requirements
- Provide the families with information about the facilities they will find at the event
- Provide information for step-free traveling to the event (i.e when in London, tube stations with lifts, etc).
- If the event has created a website i.e. the annual symposium, include a family friendly section in the event website with all the information