<FINAL RESULTS> for 3 month placements in the UK
After the great success of the first edition of the “On the Move” Fellowships 2018/2019, SRUK launches the second edition with some improvements and news.
“On the move” Fellowships 2020/2021 are a bidirectional international mobility programme organised by SRUK and CRUE, the largest association of Spanish Universities. Universities UK participates promoting the initiative among the British Universities.
This edition incorporates Spanish Reserach Institutes with academic affiliation to the enrolled Spanish Universities to enjoy the research placements.
The objective of this programme is to strengthen international collaborations between PhD students and researchers in the UK (SRUK members) and Spain (CRUE Universities and research institutes) to:
- Promote the contact between research groups in both countries
- Encourage the participation in European programmes
- Highlight Spanish Universities and affiliated Research Institutes in the UK.
- Help researchers in Spain to establish contacts and gain experience with British groups
- Help researchers in the UK to contact with Spanish research groups to apply for return fellowships of European funding projects.
The programme offers a funded research placement of 3 to 6 months for:
- Pre- and post-doctoral researchers without a permanent position working at Spanish CRUE Universities or research centres with academic affiliation (giving priority to pre-doctoral researchers).
- Pre- and post-doctoral SRUK researchers (including research fellows) without a permanent position at British Universities or Research Institutions (giving priority to post-doctoral researchers).
All the complete documentation relative to the call can be found in the following links:
The 2020/2021 edition will be developed in 4 different stages:
Phase 1 (CLOSED) (14th September 2020 to 6th November 2020): Expression of interest
Phase 1 will compile Spanish Universities, British Universities, and research hosting groups in Spain and in the UK interested in the admission of researchers for these placements during 2021. For this purpose:
- The Spanish and British Universities should contact SRUK organisation through [email protected] to arrange their participation.
- The hosting groups (in Spain and in the UK) should complete the “Hosting Group form“.
+ If you are a participant and want to enjoy a research placement, you should wait to Phase 2 where you will find if your University participates in the programme and the list of hosting groups (you can suggest a hosting group as well during Phase 2). You may want to contact now with your University (research, international or science policy departments) to be sure about its inclusion in the programme.
Phase 2 (CLOSED) (from 9th November 2020 to 22nd December 2020): Applicants
The researchers interested in the funded research placements must be SRUK members to participate in the programme (see memberships) (Note 1: Researchers in Spain will access as SRUK Friends, with a free membership).
The applicants should choose their preferred hosting research group in Spain or in the UK through the On The Move 2020-2021 database (available from the 9th of November 2020), will complete the “Applicant’s Form” and send it to:
- Applicants in Spain: to the On the Move contact at your University (see section 1. Spanish Universities in the On the Move 2020-2021 Database)
- SRUK members in the UK: to [email protected]
Note 2. Researchers in Spain can only enjoy the On the Move research placements if they are linked to Spanish universities enrolled in the programme.
Note 3: If you do not find a suitable research group at the On The Move Database but you have a suggestion, SRUK will help you incorporate your preferred hosting group. Please, write to [email protected] to manage this.
There will be one calendar week (from the 7th of January 2021 to the 13th of January 2021) to amend any error in the submission of the documentation related to the applicant’s form.
Phase 3 (CLOSED) (14th January 2021 to 26th February 2021): Evaluation
During this stage, the Evaluator Committee will decide on the participants awarded, according to the selection criteria described at the bases of the call.
The provisional results will be made public on the 8th of March 2021 and the applicant’s will have one calendar week to make allegations to the results.
The final results list will be made public on the 22nd of March 2021.
Phase 4 (OPEN) (From the 22nd April 2021 to 21st April 2021): Research Placements
The awardees will have a period of one year starting one month after to the results are made public to enjoy their placements. The awardees should complete a final report and a short survey of the research performed during the fellowship at the end of their placements.
I you have any question, please contact us at [email protected]