The Society of Spanish Researchers in the United Kingdom (SRUK/CERU) is pleased to announce the launch of the first UAM/SRUK Summer Studentships. The goal of these studentships is to support the visit of undergraduate/masters students from the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM) to research groups in the UK. Funding is limited and awards will be made in a competitive basis on research excellence, student training, CV of the applicant, and expected impact to the host. SRUK members interested in hosting a summer student must apply before March 3rd.
- Up to twenty studentships are available in the areas of Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Physics, Mathematics and Food Technology.
- Studentships will last between two and four months
- Studentships will take place between 1st June and 30th September 2018
- Studentships provides the funding for mobility of the student, but it does not provide funding for consumables
- Applicants may use the award to attract additional funding
- For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This grant is open to all (students, junior and senior) SRUK/CERU regular members of the Society that want to act as host for UAM summer students. Non-members can apply only after submitting their membership registration form providing they have paid their annual membership at the moment of studentship application. Find out about our different membership fees and please register here.
- SRUK members will need to register their profile in the International Collaborations Database.
- Applications will be evaluated by a joint Committee composed of members of the Board of Directors, ‘Fellowships’ and ‘International’ Working Groups. Members of the Evaluation Committee will not be eligible. Evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Research Excellence (point 2 of application form, evaluated up to a maximum of 25 points);
- Student training (points 3, 4 and 5, evaluated up to a maximum of 25 points in total)
- Impact of the studentship in the applicant’s career (point 6 of application form, evaluated up to 25 points)
- CV of the applicant (evaluated up to 25 points)
- The number of summer studentships awarded to each scientific area will be proportional to demand.
- The availability of additional/independent funding should be specified in the application (Point 7 of application form). If no independent funding is available, applicant must provide support to the project from their Line Manager or Head of Department.
- Applicants must confirm eligibility with their British host institutions (point 8 of the application form).
- At the end of the studentship, SRUK Researchers (hosts) must present a report in English about their experience in the studentship. This could be used by SRUK/CERU for the delivery of scientific impact and should be sent no later than 30 days after completion of the studentship (500 words maximum). They may also be invited to participate in scientific outreach activities organised by SRUK/CERU, such as a Science in the Pub event, a Pint of Knowledge event or entries in the SRUK/CERU blog.
- Participants (students and hosts) may be invited to attend a scientific symposium at the UAM in 2019 (event to be confirmed).
- You must download and complete the following Application Form, and submit together with you CV (max 2 pages) as a single pdf file.
- Applications must be filled in English.
The deadline for UAM/SRUK Summer Studentships 2018 is midnight on Saturday 3rd March 2018 at 23:59.
Please email your application to email@example.com using the subject line “UAM/SRUK Summer Studentships 2018: Name of the applicant”.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.