“On the move” Fellowships 2022 are a bidirectional international mobility programme organised by SRUK and Crue, the largest association of Spanish Universities. This is its third edition.
The objective of this programme is to strengthen international collaborations between PhD students and researchers in the UK (SRUK members) and Spain (Crue Universities and research institutes) to:
- Promote the contact between research groups in both countries.
- Encourage the participation in European programmes.
- Highlight Spanish Universities and affiliated Research Institutes in the UK.
- Help researchers in Spain to establish contacts and gain experience with British groups.
- Help researchers in the UK to contact with Spanish research groups to apply for return fellowships of European funding projects.
The programme offers a funded research placement of 3 to 6 months for:
- Pre- and post-doctoral researchers without a permanent position working at Spanish Crue Universities or research centres with academic affiliation (priority to pre-doctoral researchers).
- Pre- and post-doctoral SRUK researchers (including research fellows) without a permanent position at British Universities or Research Institutions (priority to post-doctoral researchers).
The 2022 edition will be developed in 4 different stages:
Phase 1: Expression of interest
19th October 2021 to 13th of December 2021 (CLOSED!)
Phase 1 will compile Spanish Universities, British Universities, and research hosting groups in Spain and in the UK interested in the admission of researchers for these placements during 2021. For this purpose:
- The hosting groups (in Spain and in the UK) should complete this online Hosting Group Form.
- The Spanish and British Universities should contact SRUK organisation through [email protected] to arrange their participation.
If you are a participant and want to enjoy a research placement, you should wait to Phase 2 where you will find if your University participates in the programme and the list of hosting groups (you can suggest a hosting group as well during Phase 2). You may want to contact now with your University (research, international or science policy departments) to be sure about its inclusion in the programme.
Phase 2: Applicants
15th of December 2021 to 25th of January 2022 – EXTENDED (SEE BELOW)
The researchers interested in the funded research placements must be SRUK members to participate in the programme (see memberships) (Note: Researchers in Spain will access as SRUK Friends, with a free membership).
- Applicants in Spain: to the On the Move contact at your University
- SRUK members in the UK: to [email protected]
Note 2: Researchers in Spain can only enjoy the On the Move research placements if they are linked to Spanish universities enrolled in the programme.
Note 3: If you do not find a suitable research group at the On The Move Database but you have a suggestion, SRUK will help you incorporate your preferred hosting group. Please, write to [email protected] to manage this.
The week from 26th January to 1st of February 2022 will be used to amend any error in the submission of the documentation related to the Applicant’s Form.
1st to 2 1st of February 2022
Exceptional extension for the On the Move Fellowships for placements in Spain.
3 funded placements with extended deadline
One at Universidad de la Laguna at José M. Padrón’s Research group (Cancer, drug discovery, molecular pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry).
Phase 3: Evaluation
3rd of February to 11th of March 2022
During this stage, the Evaluator Committee will decide on the participants awarded, according to the selection criteria described at the bases of the call.
The provisional results will be made public on the 21st of March 2022 and the applicant’s will have one calendar week to make allegations to the results.
The final results list are made public on the 28th of March 2022.
Phase 4: Research Placements
27th of April 2022 to 26th of April 2023
The awardees will have a period of one year starting one month after to the results are made public to enjoy their placements. The awardees should complete a final report and a short survey of the research performed during the fellowship at the end of their placements.