The Society of Spanish Researchers in the United Kingdom (SRUK/CERU) is pleased to announce the launch of a new call for the
SRUK Winter Studentships-Call for UK Hosting Groups
in collaboration with the Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (Experimental Sciences School).
These studentships will allow research groups in the UK to host and train junior researchers (undergraduate/master students) from Spanish Universities.
- SRUK supervisors (hosts) gain leadership and supervision skills, enriching CV with the Honorary Lecturer recognition.
- Spanish students strenghthen practical and language skills.
- Spanish and British Universities create new networks.
SRUK members at any stage of their career interested in hosting a summer student must apply before the 30th of September 2021.
- Up to 20 studentships (to be confirmed)
- Fields*: Biology, Biotechnology.
- Duration: 2-6 months
- Period of the placements, from 1st of February to 30th of June 2022.
- Resources: Funding for the mobility of the student will be available through Erasmus+, privately or through other programmes. The University Francisco de Vitoria funds 400€ per month to the Hosting Group to cover bench or administration fees that can be used without restrictions.
- Applicants may use the award to attract additional funding
*If you are interested in hosting students but you are outside of these areas of research, contact us.
- This grant is open to all SRUK/CERU members (regular or associate, students, junior or senior) that want to host summer students. Non-members can apply only after submitting their membership registration.
- SRUK will check that applications for Hosting Group are complete and will send them to the participating University, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria.
- The University Francisco de Vitoria will pre assign one student to each relevant supervisor and keep a waiting list. They will match the expertise and requirements from the supervisor (such as time of mobility, degree, experience requirements) with the academic level and predisposition of the students.
- Supervisors will have 10 days to interview the candidates prior to accepting one or more. Detailed dates of the process will be announced after the submission deadline.
- In the event of a disagreement with the pre-assignation, the University/SRUK will provide the contact of other students in the waiting list.
- Universities will arrange the final matching of candidates and supervisor and will communicate to the student and SRUK the final resolution. SRUK will communicate with the Hosting Group.
- SRUK members willing to apply as Hosting Group supervisors must download and complete the following Application Form, and submit it with your CV (max 2 pages) as a single pdf file.
- Applications must be filled in English.
- Email your application for Hosting Group to [email protected] using the subject line “SRUK Winter Studentships 2022: Name of the applicant”.
The deadline for Registering Hosting Groups is 30th September 2021.
- The pre-assignation student-supervisor is designed to facilitate the management of the programme with the main objective to find the optimal match student-supervisor. This selection will be based on the academic criteria of the students and the selection experience from the Spanish Universities in this kind of programmes.
- This studentship is included in the official undergraduate programme of UFV (Actividades curriculares) and the University will recognise this supervision officially.
- The students will need to be fully covered with insurance from Universities, European programmes or private.
- At the end of the studentship, SRUK Researchers (hosts) must complete a survey about their experience with the studentship. This feedback will be used by SRUK/CERU for improving next calls. Hosts may also be invited to participate in scientific outreach activities organised by SRUK/CERU, such as a Science in the Pub event, a Pint of Knowledge event or entries in the SRUK/CERU blog.
Do you have any questions? Please contact us at [email protected].