SRUK Oxford invites you to the second edition of our Statistics for Research one-day course. Taught by Dr Carlos Fresneda-Portillo, lecturer on Mathematics at Oxford Brookes University, this course aims to make attendees aware of the most usual techniques of statistical analysis used in research, as well as to apply these techniques using the software SPSS and to learn how to report and interpret statistical results.
REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL. Please, register following this link.
– Descriptive statistics, graphs and outliers.
– T-test, ANOVA and non-parametric equivalents.
– Linear Regression and Logistic Regression.
– Principal Component Analysis
– Survival Analysis (time allowing)
Computers will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own laptop. In such case, please keep in mind that we will use SPSS, a commercial software (although you can download a free trial version for the course).
9:00 – 9: 30 Registration – Coffee.
9: 30 – 9-45 CERU Welcome
9:45 – 11:00 Descriptive Statistics and Hypothesis Testing.
11:00 – 11: 20 Coffee
11:20 – 12:30 ANOVA and Regression
12:30 – 13:15 Lunch
13:15 – 14:30 Principal Component Analysis
14:30 – 14: 45 Coffee
14:45 – 16:30 Practical Exercises – Introduction to Survival Analysis (if time allows).
– Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
No, everyone is welcome although the course is aimed at researchers.
– How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Find us on Facebook or Twitter, or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org