The 6th edition of CienciaUK will take place in Madrid on the 15th of November.
As in previous editions, it will be a career in the United Kingdom event. However, this year, under the theme “La ciencia en el siglo XXI” (Science in the 21st century), we will focus on the changes and challenges which have appeared in the researcher career recently. The main topics to discuss are:
– Scientific careers different from academic research
– Ethical and sustainability challenges derived from the research activity
– Horizon scanning and emerging markets analysis
– Company-university relationship
– A research career in the 21st century
– Brexit consequences in research
The event is free entry and it will take place in Fundación Ramón Areces (C/Vitruvio, 5 – 28006 MADRID). All sessions will be in Spanish.
If you would like to attend, please register yourself here: https://www.fundacionareces.es/fundacionareces/es/actividades/cienciauk19-la-ciencia-en-el-siglo-xxi.html
• José Pedro Manzano, PhD Student at University of Nottingham
• Javier Pardo Díaz, PhD Student at University of Oxford
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org