SRUK/CERU Travel Grants 2017
For the fourth consecutive year, the Society of Spanish Researchers in the United Kingdom (SRUK/CERU) is pleased to announce the SRUK Travel Grants 2017. The goal of these Grants is to support the total or partial costs of travel of a very early-career regular member (undergraduate, master, PhD student or postdoctoral researcher) to a research conference or meeting taking place worldwide to present their research, from science, technology, humanities or social areas. Meetings should take place between 1st May 2017 and 30th April 2018.
Funding is limited and awardees will be selected in a competitive basis on merit and expected impact of the meeting.
- Eight grants of £400 are available.
- Applications should be for research conferences or meetings in any country
- Conferences must be held between the 1st of May 2017 and the 30th of April 2018.
- Applicants may use the award to attract additional funding but the Society of Spanish Researchers in the UK (SRUK/CERU) will still expect appropriate recognition.
- For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This grant is open to SRUK/CERU regular members of the Society only. Non-members can apply only after submitting their membership registration form and providing they have paid their annual membership at the moment of grant application. Find out about our different membership grades and register here.
- Applicants will only be considered if they do not held a permanent position (traditionally, Undergraduate, Master and PhD students or Postdoctoral Researchers). Due to the limited nature of funding and the objective to promote the career of very early career researchers, lecturers, PIs or researchers with a permanent position will not be considered.
- Members of the SRUK Scientific Committee will not be eligible.
- Applications will be evaluated by the SRUK Scientific Committee based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the applicant (CV and lay abstract, evaluated up to a maximum of 25 points each); evaluation will take the experience of the researcher into consideration.
- The relevance of the meeting for the applicant (up to a maximum of 50 points), number of attendees, plans for a possible future collaboration, relation of the meeting with the applicant field, and timeliness in relation to the career development of the applicant.
- The number of travel grants awarded to each scientific area will be proportional to the demand.
- The availability of additional funding should be specified in the application.
- Recipients will be personally responsible for all arrangements and expenditure including travel, insurance, home and personal commitments.
- Recipients must acknowledge SRUK/CERU Travel Grants as a main source for travel funding in their oral communication/poster in the meeting (logo may be downloaded from here).
- Recipients must present a lay summary in English about their experience in the meeting and the impact of the meeting on their research and career. This could be used by SRUK for the delivery of scientific impact and should be sent no later than 30 days after completion of the meeting (500 words maximum). They may also be invited to participate in scientific outreach activities organised by SRUK, such as Science in the Pub, Pint of Knowledge or entries in the SRUK blog.
- You must download and complete the following Application Form that should be attached in your submission as a single pdf, and which will include:
- Lay abstract (250 words maximum) about your area of research and the work you may be presenting in the conference.
- A full CV with education and research experience (maximum 2 pages).
- Statement giving details of the conference, including:
- Details of the conference:
- Scope (National/International)
- Number of attendees and impact of the meeting in previous years.
- Expenses derived from the conference and how the grant will be spent.
- How the applicant will benefit from the project or conference and what it will enable the applicant to achieve (400 words maximum).
- Applications must be filled in English.
The deadline for SRUK/CERU Travel Grants 2017 is on Saturday 25th February 2017 at 23:59.(UK time)
For further information please contact email@example.com.
SRUK/CERU Travel Grants 2016
The following SRUK members were awarded with a SRUK/CERU travel grant to attend research conferences between the 1st of June of 2016 and the 31st of May of 2017.
JULIO MANUEL RÍOS DE LA ROSA
MARÍA INMACULADA GONZÁLEZ-GONZÁLEZ
NAIARA RODRÍGUEZ LÓPEZ
ENMA ELENA GARCÍA MARTÍN
MOISÉS HERNÁNDEZ FERNÁNDEZ
MIRIAM CUBAS MORERA
SRUK/CERU Travel Grants 2015
The following SRUK members were awarded with a SRUK/CERU
travel grant to attend research conferences between the 1st of June of 2015 and
the 31st of May of 2016.
FRANCESC COLL I CEREZO
RODRIGO GARCÍA VELASCO-BERNAL
ADRIANA DE LORENZO-CÁCERES RODRÍGUEZ
ISABEL DEL PINO
ESTHER TEJEDA MONTES (GRANT DECLINED)
FRANCISCO HERNÁNDEZ HERAS (GRANT DECLINED)
SRUK/OCSA Travel Grants 2014
The following SRUK members were awarded with a SRUK/OCSA
travel grant to attend research conferences in 2014.
ALEX GONZALEZ DE AGÜERO
MARIA EUGENIA HERVA
MIGUEL GONZALEZ BLANCO
MIGUEL SANCHEZ ALVAREZ